Codon is a zero-dependency cross-platform MVVM framework for creating UWP, WPF, and Xamarin based applications. It provides much of what you need to rapidly create sophisticated yet maintainable applications.
To install Codon’s core libraries, run the following command in Visual Studio’s Package Manager Console:
PM> Install-Package Codon.Essentials
Read the Getting Started Guide.
Codon includes two main libraries: a minimal core library and an extras library. Codon’s core includes the following features:
- An easy to use ICommand implementation
- Frictionless INPC
- A cross-platform settings service
- A cross-platform dialog service
- IoC and DI
- Logging support
- and a weak referencing pub/sub messenger
Codon Extras includes the following features:
- A user options system
- Form input validation
- Application state preservation
- Various cross-platform launchers for sharing links, sending emails and so forth
In addition to the Codon.Extras package, Codon includes a data-binding library, Codon.UI.Data, for use with non-XAML based technologies such as Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS; and an Undo-Redo system located in the Codon.UndoModel package. Codon.UndoModel is downloadable as an independent package.